Whether you are walking home from class, headed into the bathroom of a restaurant, or walking to your car in a parking garage, the unthinkable could occur. Sometimes, regardless of the precautions you have taken you could still be at risk of being sexually assaulted. Unfortunately, regardless of how cautious you may be, sexual assault can happen anywhere.
Locating an Attorney Who Can Help
Sexual assault is a deeply personal matter. When faced with the possibility of legal action, it can leave many feeling exposed. It can be terrifying to think that you may have to face your attacker in the courtroom. Because of all these factors, it will be important to find an attorney who feels like a match for you. By doing so, you can ensure that you obtain an attorney who is sensitive to your experiences and can listen to your needs. Putting time and effort into finding an attorney will ultimately work to your benefit. Here are some ways that you can ensure you find a professional you can trust:
- Conduct online research regarding personal injury law and sexual assault. Having some basic knowledge of this area of practice can help you when it comes to choosing the right attorney for you.
- Do a preliminary online search of personal injury attorneys in your area. Spend time reviewing their websites.
- Search for any online reviews or ask people in your area who may have worked with the attorneys you are considering.
- If you know someone in the legal field, it may be a good idea to ask them if they can recommend attorneys in your area.
- Request referrals from potential attorneys. They should be able to provide you with a list of people they have worked with in the past.
- Meet with prospective attorneys before you hire them. Come prepared with a list of questions, this can be helpful in ensuring that they feel like a good fit for you.
By taking these steps, you can ensure that you are working with an attorney that can meet your needs and provide you with the support you require.
Surviving sexual assault and the civil process to follow will require endurance on your part. You will also want to obtain an attorney who understands the complexities surrounding this area of practice. We are all too familiar with the pain you may be suffering from. We are dedicated to listening to your needs and helping you obtain the outcome you deserve. In the event you or a loved one finds yourself a victim, do not hesitate to contact a lawyer, like a personal injury lawyer DC relies on, to assist you with your claim.
Sexual assault can cause you to experience a rollercoaster of emotions. You may fluctuate from wanting to make the person who harmed you pay for what they did to wanting to avoid rehashing the horrific experience you had. Determining whether you should take action is a very personal decision.
Thank you to the The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C for providing their insight on personal injury and sexual assault.