Forensic accident reconstruction can help the court understand how an accident happened and what caused the injuries sustained by the plaintiff in a personal injury case. Without the help of experts specializing in reconstructions, the plaintiff’s attorney may be forced to rely on eyewitness testimonies which are not always reliable or consistent with each other. The cause and fault of the accident may be determined by the reconstructors.
Forensic Accident Reconstruction Basics
Reconstruction has now become an invaluable source of evidence for personal injury claims by helping attorneys identify negligence by one or both parties in an accident and what the cause of the accident was. Experts use the latest software and other specialized technology to record data from the scene, recreate the events and determine outcomes. Two accident scenarios that necessitate the help of a forensic accident reconstruction expert include:
1. Accidents involving motor vehicles and pedestrians. The force and point of impact can be identified and the crash can be assessed depending on the category of crash it falls under. These categories are:
- Forward projection
- Wrap trajectory
- Roof vault
2. Collisions between cars, trucks and/or buses. Analysis of the accident include the dynamics of buses and trucks during a collision which differs from a car due to size and center of gravity. These factors are extremely important in recreating an accident accurately for the court.
Why You Should Hire an Attorney for Your Personal Injury Case
Car accident victims may not have access to forensic accident reconstruction services and that could be the deciding factor in your case. If you have the assistance of a personal injury lawyer, you may receive that, a buffer to communicate on your behalf with the insurance companies, and representation should your claim be denied. Insurance companies are notorious for making it difficult to receive compensation for claims because the ultimate goal for them is to debunk your claim. Your attorney will do their best to win a fair and adequate settlement for the injuries you sustain from the accident.
An attorney may be helpful when:
- A victim doesn’t know how to prove any factors that raise the value of the claim
- The insurance company offers an inadequate settlement.
- You are likely to need continuing, expensive treatment as a result of injuries sustained during the accident.
Consult a personal injury lawyer, like a lawyer relies on, today if you require their services for an ongoing personal injury claim.